561 and 329.
Those are the average number of HRs and SBs left available in my two NFBC Draft and Hold leagues this year.
5610 and 2537.
Those are the total HRs and SBs during the 2016 MLB regular season which means 10% and 13% of HRs and SBs went undrafted. 3 percentage points is not insignificant, but it is also not dramatic enough of a difference to suggest one should chase either of the categories more than other.
Some facts that may only interest me and, perhaps, my fellow NFBC legauemates:
- One league missed each of these very useful MI-eligible players: Eduardo Nunez, Aledmys Dia, Sean Rodriguez, and Hernan Perez.
- Plenty of serviceable catchers went undrafted in both leagues: Tommy Joseph (though loses eligiblity for next year), Sandy Leon, Chris Herrmann, and Davis Ross (aka Grandpa).
- Plenty of moderately useful San Diego Padres hitters went undrafted in both leagues: Alex Dickerson, Ryan Schimpf, and Adam Rosales to name a few.
- 17 undrafted–12 undrafted in both leagues–players hit double digit HRs
- 5 undrafted–2 undrafted in both leagues–players stole double digit SBs.
Note: You can check out the pitching edition here